- About Us
- Scout Hut Community Center
- Library and Museum
- Medical Facilities
- Recent News
- Safety Matters
- Public Safety
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Human Resources
- Elected Officials
- Public Meeting & Minutes
- Open Records
- Purchasing and Bids
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Town Departments
- Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Public Utilities
- Common Questions
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
REPEAL of BOIL WATER ADVISORY - September 19, 2018
Effective Wednesday - Sept. 19, 2018 - residents do not need to boil water prior to drinking or c... [more...]
The crime of burglary can be a traumatic event. The anxiety that is associated with an intrusion into your home often outweighs the cost of any lost property. There is little comfort to the victims even when their property is recovered or the intruder is arrested.
There are steps that can be taken to lessen your chance of becoming a victim of a burglary. The McBee Police Department recommends the following:
- Make your home look occupied when you are away by using timers on your interior light fixtures.
- Lock your exterior doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed.
- Leave your exterior lights on during the evening or use motion sensitive lighting.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked.
- Do not allow your mail and package deliveries to accumulate. Have someone collect them for you or file a "Hold Mail" notice with the Post Office.
- If you are away for an extended time, arrange to have someone cut your lawn in the summer and clear leaves and limbs from your sidewalk and driveway during the fall and winter.
- Activate any alarm system and place signs on the premise that warn would-be intruders that an alarm system is present.
- If you plan to go on vacation, visit our Citizen Requests site and complete a Vacation House Watch form on-line.
- If you have a Neighborhood Watch program in your neighborhood, be activly involved.
To learn more about how to protect your home, contact the McBee Police Department.